Sunday, September 23, 2012

Today I Went On My First Business Trip


Today I flew away from my husband and children for the first time in order to attend a two day training for my new career as Texas State Director for my tutoring company.  I felt confident that I would fit in, thanks to my friend Jodi and her sudden desire to replace everything in her closet!  I managed to shop a little for some business type outfits that were still young and fun so I knew I’d at least look the part.  The best part of my day easily though was that I had convinced my best friend, Abby, to join me on my trip!  I had arranged to have a stopover in her area at least to have a visit, but as God had made sure things were to be special this weekend, the airlines ended up giving me a voucher for $150 dollars on my next flight while allowing me to drive the last leg of my flight with Abby even though they had quoted me a $400 change fee less than 30 minutes before!  Silly airlines.  We enjoyed the good long talk on the drive and then got to explore downtown Austin for several hours (Longhorn Stadium and the Capitol) before ordering a big meal and some fruity cocktails.  Both of us didn't know what to do without our kids hanging on us and couldn't quite bring ourselves to go ‘wild’.  It was nice to visit though, and eat hot food with cold drinks, a rare treat.



No comments:

Post a Comment